LARGE ANTIQUE ESTATE AUCTION
Saturday, May 14 at 10:00 AM
LARGE ANTIQUE ESTATE AUCTION
May 14, 2011
Ladies and Gentlemen we have been commissioned to sale at public auction the furnishings and possessions from the home of native Texans, the late D. G. (“Kirk”) and Mary Lois Kirkland. After studying engineering at Texas A & M, Kirk served as a 1ST Lt. and AF test pilot during WWII. Following his military years, he and Mary Lois farmed and ranched at Mart, Texas and Troy, Texas during the 1940’s. They owned Duffy’s Photo Finishing Services, located in eight cities in Texas and New Mexico during the 1950’s and 60’s. The Kirkland’s were also builders and owners of the 15 story “Altura Towers” Apartments in Lubbock, Texas during the 1960’s, currently renamed ”Park Tower Apartments”. After selling the high rise landmark, they raised registered Charolais cattle while ranching at Water Valley, Texas. Kirk and Mary Lois served as President and Secretary of the Texas Charolais Association. Upon retirement they purchased their Gatesville home on Valentine’s Day of 1979. Throughout their lives, they enjoyed acquiring beautiful antiques and fine collectibles. This wonderful collection will be sold in Gatesville, Texas at the Kirkland residence along with other quality consignments.
In this auction the Real Estate will be offered at 12 Noon w/ Owners option to except or refuse final bid. This property is being marketed exclusively by Tejas Real Estate in Gatesville, Texas, Gaye Sadler broker. For info concerning this real estate please contact her @ 254/ 394-8954.
Directions to Sale: Off Hwy 84 in Gatesville turn north at traffic light on N. Lovers Lane go about 5 blocks to house on right at 600 N Lovers Lane.
Open House Preview: Friday May 13, 2011 from 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. and Saturday May 14, 2011 from 8:00 a.m. until sale time.
Terms of Sale: Cash , Texas checks, MasterCard or Visa. ALL Out of State checks must be accompanied by Bank Letter to Andy’s Antiques * 10 % BUYERS PPREMIUM
To veiw many Photos Click Pictures.
* Beautiful, circa 1900, 4 pc quarter sawn Oak bedroom set, w/ log roll, claw feet & carved crests includes: high back bed, dresser w/ mirror, wash stand w/ mirror & highboy chest in original finish.
* Circa late 1920’s 7 pc Berkey & Gay bedroom suite includes: full size bowed foot bed, highboy chest, vanity w/ stool & hanging mirror, bed side table & rocking chair in original finish.
* Quality 5 pc Cherry bedroom set by Davis Cabinet Co., Nashville, Tenn. consists of 2 twin beds, large bed side stand, dresser & hanging mirror.
* 48” Circa 1900 round quarter sawn Oak dining table w /carved claw feet & 2 skirted leaves.
* 6 quarter sawn Oak dining chairs.
* Beautiful antique curved glass china cabinet w/ carved top & carved claw feet.
* Heavily carved American quarter sawn Oak sideboard w/ carved lion heads on mirror & supports.
* Unique dbl door Mahogany bookcase w/ unusual bowed leaded glass front doors and claw feet.
* Beautiful Oak tea caddy w/ curved glass sides & beveled glass drop door front.
* Oak 4 stack Globe Wernicke lawyers bookcase.
* Unusual Queen Anne game table set w/ inlaid checker board top & 4 matching caved chairs w/ oval lace cane backs & seats.
* Many fancy Oak parlor tables.
* Fabulous Early Victorian Walnut dbl door bookcase w/ drawered base & carved crest 54” w X 6’ 6” t, circa 1880.
* Nice quarter sawn Oak lift seat hall tree w/ beveled mirror, carved crest & claw feet.
* Several Victorian marble & brass lamp stands.
* Oak 4’ antique church pew.
* Quarter sawn Oak 2 pc parlor set.
* Oak 60” S-curved roll top desk.
* High back, arrow back desk chair w/ cane seat.
* Extremely unusual Oak roll front file cabinet, has 15 drawer interior behind roll front, 6’7” tall X 18” wide by Amberg’s Letter File.
* Mahogany 8’ ,glass front & top, showcase.
* Mahogany Spinet desk w/ matching chair, has octagon legs, circa 1920.
* Mahogany 28” inlaid ladies desk w/ side to side roll, marked Brandt Co.
* Beautiful triple door Mahogany bookcase w/ carved oval mirror & spindle gallery.
* Massive Mahogany 36” round parlor table w/ barley twist legs.
* Oak 2 stack Danner sectional bookcase w/ sliding glass doors.
* Oak 56” wide, 6 drawer lowboy w/ column front.
* Beautiful Mahogany pedestal w/ open barley twist column.
* Oval Oak hanging mirror w/ hat hooks.
* Extremely nice upright Piano by Mason & Hamlin w/ matching bench.
* Square quarter sawn Oak china cabinet w/ curved & beveled glass front , circa 1900 in original finish.
* Oak 36” country store seed cabinet.
* Mahogany, circa 1900, 5 pc parlor set w/ carved heads and claw feet.
* Wrought Iron 5 pc Ice Cream parlor table and chair set.
* Nice dbl door Oak gun case w/ fancy beveled mirror top, holds 9 long guns.
Antique & Sporting Firearms
* Colt 1851 Navy conversion revolver 38 RF. Cal. w/ 7 ½ ” barrel & walnut grips.
* Colt 1861 Navy revolver 36 cal. w/ 7 ½ “ barrel.
* Spencer carbine 56-56 cal. w/ 22” barrel.
* Sharps new model conversion carbine 50-70 cal. w/ 22” barrel.
* Hopkins & Allen XL No. 4 1871 - 1878 38 RF. pocket pistol.
* Belgium 32 cal. Vest pistol w/ folding trigger.
* Smith new model 32 cal. RF. w/ nickel finish.
* Hopkins & Allen 32 cal. RF. engraved pocket model.
* Smith & Wesson 7 shot 22 cal. RF. pocket vest pistol.
* Senator No. 1, 7 shot 22 cal. RF. w/ ivory grips, missing trigger.
* German 8X57 cal. bolt action rifle w/ mouser action, scope & engraving.
* Winchester, model 94, 30-30 lever action rifle.
* Remington Game Master, model 760, 30-06 rifle w/ scope.
* Remington Sportsman model 48, 12 gauge shotgun.
* J. C. Higgins model 20, 12 gauge pump shotgun.
* Remington, 380 cal. automatic pistol.
* WWII Japanese automatic pistol in original case w/ extra clip, taken from Okinawa during WWII.
* Framed collection of Indian arrowheads, 5 frames w/ approx. 50 pts per frame some in Coryell County rattle snake pattern, from Gatesville & Belton areas.
* Small photo album w/ many photographs of Indians including : Geronimo, Sitting Bull, Sitting Bull w/ Buffalo Bill & Apache warriors.
* Several photos and negatives of Poncho Villa.
* Other photo album w/ photos from Texas areas.
* Beautiful large, 143 pc Sterling Silver flatware set, King Edward pattern by Gorham.
* 5 pc. Sterling Silver tea set marked 925, under tray also sterling silver.
* Pair of Gorham marked sterling silver 13” candelabras.
* Candle sticks w/ pierced shades.
* Silver Dollars, Silver Quarters & Silver Dimes.
* 1822 - one cent pc.
* Plus few other sterling silver pieces.
Estate Jewelry, Watches
* Mans 1949 Rolex, oyster perpetual watch.
* Ladies Hamilton watch, w/ 14 KT gold triple rope band and diamonds.
* Ladies Elgin watch w/ filigree & stone band marked 10 to 12 KT gold, patented 10-19-26.
* 14 KT gold pendants.
* 18 KT engraved gold pendant.
* Serpentine 20” 14KT gold chain.
* Krementz hand carved Ivory pin & earrings set.
* Unique western Sterling Spur & Horse tie clip marked Holand.
* Beautiful engraved Sterling belt buckle.
* Sterilng 4 pc Range belt buckle set w/ gold & ruby insets.
* Sterling 4 pc Range belt buckle set.
* Several pieces of sterling silver jewelry including: earrings w/ different stones.
* Ladies 14KTgold Opal cluster ring.
* Marked 14KTgold Exxon Mobile pendant & chain.
* Open face Hamilton pocket watch, in glass dome case.
* Elgin Hunting case pocket watch, in glass dome case.
* Beautiful Westminster chime wall clock w/ spindle gallery & beveled glass front.
* Large beautiful German 2 weight wall Regulator clock.
* Nice German Regulator wall clock w/ carved crest & finials.
* Extremely unusual French wall clock w/ mother of pearl inlay, 24” tall X 19” wide.
* Unique inlaid mantle clock w/ temperature gauge & barometer.
* Unique large square Oak wall clock w/ glass face showing clock works.
* Small china clock and other clocks.
Lamps and Hanging lights fixtures
* Beautiful 24” hanging leaded glass dome light fixture w/ red eyed swans.
* Bent panel glass hanging light fixtures.
* Aladdin model 12 oil lamp.
* Beautiful leaded glass table lamp w/ dragon flies in shade.
* Brass student lamp w/ yellow case glass shade.
* Early Victorian banquet lamp w/ cranberry shade.
* Antique bent panel table lamp w/ caramel shade.
* Antique torchiere lamp.
* Bridge style lamps.
* Victorian figural lamp.
* Beautiful Nippon Chocolate set.
* R.S. Germany hand painted Chocolate set.
* Haviland Limoges 10 pc tea set.
* Some Roseville, Hull, Weller, Shawnee & Van Briggle pottery.
* Jeweled Nippon dbl handled vase, 9” tall.
* Austrian pitcher & 2 dbl handled vases.
* Signed R. S. Prussia trays.
* Vighaud Limoges planter 11” wide X 5 ¾” tall.
* Limoges jardinière.
* 3 pcs. Beautiful Czechoslovakia porcelain w/ gold over lay.
* Approx. 105 pc. Noritake , Goldvine pattern china.
* Several hand painted bowls.
* Hand painted creamer and sugar bowl marked M.M.
* Hand painted Bavaria bowl w/ 12” under tray.
* Art glass vases.
* Large beautiful fluted bell shade.
* 3 pcs. Belleek.
* Bavarian sugar bowl, creamer & tray.
* Bohemian 7 pc Liquor set w/ embossed ladies.
* Unusual pressed glass vase w/ embossed Victorian ladies.
* Bristol vases.
* R.S. Germany 5 pc. Ice cream set.
* Cambridge 3 pc. Center piece set.
* Wavecrest biscuit jar.
* Fenton glass baskets.
* Coralene 6” tall vase.
* German steins.
* Royal Doulton figural mugs.
* 8 pc Germany mug set.
* Several sets of stemware.
* 12 pc Demitasse cup & saucer set marked Bavaria, Schumann Arzberg Germany.
* 34 pcs Syracuse China, Federal shape, Raleigh pattern (pink).
* Approx. 62 pcs White Bavaria china.
* Approx. 63 pcs White Haviland France china.
* Metal lighted 2 pc center piece set w/ glass fruit.
Tools & Lawn Furniture
* New still in box, Craftsman 3.5 HP edger/ trimmer.
* Murry 3.8 HP edger/ trimmer.
* Gas weed eater.
* Hydraulic jacks.
* Small floor jacks.
* High lift jacks.
* Shop vacs.
* Nice pedestal style grinder.
* Air pig.
* Large selection of pipe wrenches, from 36” to very small.
* Lots of hand tools: hammers, pliers, wrenches, & cutters.
* Tap & dye sets.
* Pipe cutter & threader.
* Craftsman skill saw.
* Step ladders.
* New in box, 2 Attic Aire ventilating fans.
* Lots of lawn & garden tools: shovels, hoes, rakes, pick axe, etc.
* Patio furniture.
* Porch swing in A frame rack.
Modern Furniture includes
* Recliners , sofas, love seats, occasional tables, large oval marble top coffee table, large Formica top dining table w/ wrought iron legs and 8 matching chairs, octagon shaped marble top breakfast table w/ metal pedestal base & 4 cane back chairs, plus much more.
* All types of small kitchen appliances and cookware.
* Maytag washer & dryer.
* 21 cubic ft. Upright freeze, nice.
This sale will offer approx. 150 box lots household and collectible items.
Plus many other items to numerous to mention in this partial listing.
BRING A BIDDING BUDDY DUE TO LARGE AMOUNT TO BE SOLD THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF 2 RINGS PART OF THE DAY!